This Spring term our class topic is ’Global Gourmet’, a D&T/Science-based topic about food from around the world. Our topic will end with the class planning, organising and running their own international café for an afternoon, calculating their costs and profit during the process.
During this topic we will be:
- learning about the different food groups for healthy living
- learning about different food from around the world
- mapping trade routes of our fruit and vegetables
- learning about Fair Trade
- visiting a local cafe/restaurant
- writing letters to local businesses
- setting up and advertising our own cafe
- inviting parents and our families to visit our cafe
- learning to serve our customers using Welsh and English
- following recipes to make food and drink for our cafe and setting fair prices
- calculating our cafe profits !