Welcome Back to school. We are looking forward to learning about our new topic Bounce this term and hoping to be bouncing in the glorious Mumbles sunshine!
This project has a Physical Development focus and enables children to develop their fine and gross motor skills through a range of games and activities that build up their communication and social skills, working with a partner or as part of a team.
In this project children will learn about:
• Using their bodies in different ways for sports, games and physical play
• Different types of sports and sporting equipment
• Different types of balls and equipment move across different surfaces
• Creating patterns and sequences with balls and other sporting equipment
• Animals that bounce, leap, jump and roll
• Fast and slow, near and far
• Recording their ideas and experiences through mark making, talk and writing
• Counting points to 10 or 20
• Working with a partner or as part of a team
• Expressing themselves creatively using a range of different media
• The Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences both in the indoor and outdoor environment.