Autumn Term 2018
Cornerstones topic 'Family Album'.
This term our topic has a history focus and teaches children about the chronology of their own lives including their families. At the heart of this project children write simple narrative
stories about their own families and develop additional skills in writing simple and sequenced sentences.In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by creating a special book about their own lives using pictures, writing and ICT.
Pupils will learn:
• About the chronology of their own lives and the lives of their families;
• How families are different;
• How to use first and second hand sources to find out information about their own lives and families;
• How humans needs and bodies change over time;
• About the differences and similarities between life for a child now and in the past;
• How to present information using a variety of media.
|Knowledge and understanding of the World||
People and time
|Language Literacy and Communication||
Read Write Inc.
Stories with familiar settings
Letter formations and entry joins
Personal and Social Development, Well-Being and Cultural Diversity
Me, groups and communities
Right and Responsiblities
Art self portraits
Artist: George Seurat
Music and singing
Abacus math's scheme
Handling data and measures
All about me patterns