Here We Are - Whole School Topic (September)
To welcome the children back to Whitestone, the whole school has focused on the book 'Here We Are' by Oliver Jeffers.
In Reception and Year 1, we have:
- Discussed different emotions - what do they look like? What colour do they remind us of? What makes us feel that way?
- Discussed what our favourite thing to do is and drawn a picture - what makes us happy?
- Discussed what we look like - what do our faces look like? How tall are we? What are bones and how do they help us move?
- Discussed how to keep our bodies healthy - what should we eat and why? What should we not eat a lot of and why? What is good for us to drink?
- Discussed what our bodies can do - can we stand on one leg? How fast can we run? Can we climb over a gymnastics horse safely? Can we throw and catch a ball?
- Discussed how wonderful it is to go outside and be surrounded by nature - what can we make with outdoor materials? What can we see, touch, smell and hear? What animals and insects live outside? What can we build outside?