Please see the presentation below for our introduction to Reception and Year 1 - we use this presentation to introduce the children to their everyday morning routine.
Please also find useful websites and video links to support you and your children at home. We use the Read Write Inc scheme to teach the children phonics, so we have attached videos to help you apply the same strategies at home.
- Circle Time will be every Monday - the children will be able to discuss their feelings, concerns and share any experiences they have had. This also provides them with an opportunity to develop their patience, speaking and listening skills.
- Homework will be handed out on a Friday and will be expected to be returned by the following Tuesday. We will be encouraging the children to use their Hwb accounts so on occasions, we will be setting the children homework to complete using J2e. If you have any concerns or questions regarding this, please speak to Miss Tanner.
- PE is every Friday morning so please ensure that your child has an appropriate change of clothing in school - all items of clothing clearly labelled please.
- Children will need a pair of labelled wellies and an appropriate coat for outdoor learning experiences - particularly during Muddy Mondays or Welly Wednesdays.
- Please ensure that all belongings - bags, bottles, books, coats and school uniforms - are clearly labelled with names.
- At 10:30am, the children have their break time and are allowed to have a healthy snack and a drink. Therefore, please provide your child with a labelled water bottle and a healthy snack (such a piece of fruit or vegetable).
- If you have any concerns or questions, please ring the school office to book an appointment with Miss Tanner or to have a discussion over the phone.
Miss Tanner will update our class page and our school Twitter page with pictures and updates about our class. Please feel welcome to check them to see what we have been doing in school!
Skills that can be practised at home
Please feel free to practise some of the following skills at home - it can be really useful if the children are practising these skills both at home and in school!
- Dressing independently - particularly taking a jumper/cardigan on and off
- Putting on a coat independently
- Putting on shoes independently and tying shoe laces
- Writing your first name
- Counting aloud - numbers to 10, then to 20, then to 50 - then maybe even to 100! (please see resources list)
- Recognising the 100 High Frequency Words (please see resources list)
- Reading and writing letters
- Reading and writing numbers
Thank you for your continued support.